We know that hiring managers only spend a few seconds looking at your resume. How can you stand out? Check out these eight resources to ensure your resume shines.
Building your resume
- Creating your resume from scratch? Forbes has the list of 8 essential tips for constructing your resume.
- Sure, you have a lot of experiences on your resume, but are you using the best words to describe them? Consider getting rid of these 6 words that make your resume less than stellar.
- It’s not enough to list your duties. Take your resume to the next level by including achievements.
Editing your resume
- Have a gap between jobs? College degree not relevant to your work? LearnVest offers advice on how to fix these potential red flags, and others, in your resume.
- Honesty is the best policy, but have you ever wondered if it’s okay to stretch the truth on your resume? Lifehacker answers the question, “When should you lie on your resume?”
- An extra pair of eyes can go a long way. Ask your friends to review your resume and see if they can tell what kind of job you’re applying for.
Taking your resume to the next level
- What do you do once you have a great resume on your hands? Edit your LinkedIn profile. According to best-selling author Nicole Williams, your resume isn’t enough anymore. Watch her advice on how to successfully complement your resume.
- Don’t think your resume has to follow the same old pattern. Check out these 15 exciting new ways to present your resume, from animated business cards to a portfolio project (helpful if you’re in a creative or design field!).
Have advice for how to supercharge your resume? Share in the comments!