Here’s a roundup of what’s buzzing in the social sector this week.
Watch and listen to these:
- Watch this TED Talk from education advocate Geoffrey Canada as he encourages us to analyze data and work to change the education system.
- Allison Fine talks to Jennifer James, founder of the Mom Bloggers for Social Good, about getting mom bloggers to become advocates for social change.
- Here’s a Harvard Business Review podcast about the secret to motivational focus with Heidi Grant Halvorson and E. Tory Higgins, authors of Focus: Use Different Ways of Seeing the World to Power Success and Influence.
- The Cleveland Courage Fund has been established to help the three women who were rescued from years of captivity this week.
- Kivi Leroux Miller asked her readers and followers what they would do with a “free day” at their organization. Check out the conversation on Twitter.
- ProPublica, the investigative journalism organization, launched a new tool that allows readers to access the federal tax returns of more than 615,000 nonprofit organizations.
- LinkedIn introduced a new design for its LinkedIn Today offering, allowing easier content discovery. Learn more here.
- Everyone will mess up at some point in their careers, so here’s some advice for how to handle that tough conversation.
What news do you have to share?