Here’s a roundup of what’s buzzing in the social sector this week.
- Here are the winners of the 2013 DoGooder Video Awards, or the best nonprofit videos of the year. Which is your favorite?
- At the Global Philanthropy Forum this week, there was a panel discussion on balancing data and intuition in grant making.
- Learn about some job interview dos and don’ts with career expert Nicole Williams, and check out the list of things not to say in a job interview on the page too.
- Watch this video from CareerBuilder, which includes hiring managers and HR executives talking about how to follow up after an interview.
- North Carolina lawmakers consider capping state-funded nonprofit salaries.
- A new study found that 60% of financial gifts of more than $1 million were from donors who live in the same state or region as the organization. Read more findings here.
- Learn six ways to maximize your online reach with Google Grants.
- Bloomberg Businessweek has an in-depth look at nonprofit political spending and measures encouraging disclosure.
What news do you have to share?