Today is International Women’s Day! Started as a national holiday in 1909 by the Socialist Party of America, it is now celebrated across the globe. It is a day to celebrate women’s achievements but also to remind ourselves that there is still work to be done to achieve equality. And as always, Idealist has plenty of opportunities related to women and women’s rights. Just do a quick search with the right keywords and you’ll be on your way!
- For Idealists interested in finding a job related to women’s rights, check out the Director position recently posted by the Global Fund for Women in San Francisco.
- For people on the east coast looking to get into management, the Maternity Care Coalition needs a Director of Finance and Administration, as well as a Case Manager.
- If you’re not ready to make the jump from “Associate” to “Director”, try the middle ground and apply to be the Program Manager at Empowered Women International, an organization in Virginia which encourages the entrepreneurial spirit of immigrant women.
- Work directly with women and families in need as a Stabilization Mentor in Boston, or put that law degree to use as a Federal Policy Counsel in Washington, D.C.
- Whether you’re still in college or a professional seeking new skills, the right internship can be a great career boost. Dress for Success, which helps women build networks and enter the workforce, needs a Program Assistant for their boutique in San Francisco.
- If you’re longing for mountains and to work with a film created by Ricki Lake, apply for the Regional Representative internship with Choices in Childbirth in Laramie, Wyoming.
- On the other side of the country, Planned Parenthood recently posted a Grassroots Advocacy internship, and the Ovarian & Gynecological Cancer Coalition is looking for a Communications and Research intern.
- If you want to contribute but only have a few hours to spare, consider searching for a volunteer opportunity. Formed to support women leaders of the African diaspora, DAWN is offering two volunteer opportunities in Washington D.C. and NYC, as well as an internship in Minneapolis.
- At the Milwaukee Center for Independence experienced mothers can serve as mentors for women who are having a child for the first time, while at the Women’s Prison Association and Home women can sign up to serve as mentors to help female prisoners prepare for release.
- Finally, if you just want to celebrate International Women’s Day, check out the events we have listed. There’s a benefit for radical women in Seattle, a dinner in California, and two events sponsored by Oxfam Action corps in New Mexico and New York City.
So don’t hesitate! Idealist has thousands of opportunities listed every day, and there’s no time like the present to get started.