Happy July! Though the arrival of summer usually prompts us to take it easy, there are still a ton of great opportunities to help you find a job and thrive in the job you have.
- Try creating your own professional development opportunities this summer.
- What do leaders recommend you do this summer to advance your career? Check out their suggestions on LinkedIn.
- Ashoka has a few cheat sheets on leadership, scaling impact, and more on Forbes.
- Need inspiration and support? Read how job seekers landed their dream jobs, how to use volunteering to increase your chances of finding a job, what it takes to be an executive director, and questions from our community on ending job interviews early, giving notice, dealing with difficult coworkers, and more.
Online Webinars and Classes
- Did you know LinkedIn has a monthly webinar for job seekers? Join them to learn how job seekers can make the most of the social network, July 10, 9 a.m. PT
- BoardSource is offering a webinar on how to help your board tell your organization’s story, July 21, 2 p.m. ET
- Nonprofit Webinars is hosting A Fundraiser’s Guide to the App Store, July 23 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET
- Want to learn how to code? Need to take better photos for your organization? Struggling a bit with public speaking? Sign up for free and low-cost classes on these topics and more on Skillshare or Coursera.
Conferences and Opportunities
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy has updated their list of grants, with 146 funding opportunities available.
- If you want to learn how to engage Millennials, check out MCON, a full-day conference that will be streamed online for free on July 18. Or you can attend in person in Indianapolis.
- The Community Leadership Summit will take place in Portland, OR July 20 and 21.
- If you’re in New York City, stop by Idealist on July 18 to learn how to use Tumblr!
- Learn to use tech to be more productive with Socializing for Justice on July 8 at 6 p.m. in Boston, MA.
- Become a Google Docs ninja at this workshop in Denver, CO hosted by the Open Media Foundation on July 11 at 6 p.m. Cost is $30-$40.
- Want to launch a nonprofit? Join 826 National in San Francisco, CA for a two-day seminar on how to get started. Begins July 19 at 9 a.m. and costs $500.
- Volunteering can always help your career. Sign up to talk to high school students about your career path with Let’s Get Ready in NYC on July 27 at 10 a.m.