Here’s a roundup of what’s buzzing in the social sector this week.
- Want to know what hiring managers look for in employees and how nonprofits are doing in this economy? Check out the Idealist 2013 Voices from the Sector report.
- With more MBA students showing an interest in nonprofit careers, universities and organizations are responding.
- If you’re interested in educational causes, there was an online chat this week focusing on Wisconsin and the education issues in the state.
- There’s a great conversation happening on our LinkedIn Group about turning a volunteer opportunity into a paying position.
- Here’s some career and business advice for making coffee meetings productive for everyone involved.
Watch and listen to these:
- She’s the First Founder and President Tammy Tibbetts is featured in this video from the LinkedIn group Connect: Professional Women’s Network, Powered by Citi discussing her career path and inspiration.
- Beth Kanter showcases a recent presentation, including a slideshow, on Content Curation for Nonprofits.
- Here’s an interview with Maya Angelou on courage and creativity with the Harvard Business Review.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy interviews Geoff Mulgan, chief executive of Britain’s National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts, about partnerships and organizations working together for social change.
What news do you have to share?