Today we’re taking some time to highlight opportunities that don’t fall into our nonprofit sector, but that help the world all the same! We have about 500 jobs currently posted by social enterprises, government agencies, and organizations that serve nonprofits. See if any of the highlights below catch your career-searching eye!
- Transcendent Endeavors, a New York based organization that works to help people overcome communication barriers and to improve their quality of life, is looking for a principal investigator and development officer as well as a development associate. Check them out if you want to join their scientific, multi-faceted work!
- Over in Boulder, Colorado, Starfall Education is looking for a customer relations & warehouse liaison. If you want to join their mission of providing educational resources at low or no costs for those who need them, this job could be for you!
- Perhaps your strengths lie in operations instead? Sitwayen Development Group works to strengthen Haiti’s economy by developing successful companies and contributing their profits towards the Haitian housing market; they’re looking for an operations officer to join the team in Florida.
- In Toronto, Me to We–an organization that works to create social change, and who gives half of their net profit to Free the Children–is also seeking someone for operations, and they have nine other open positions as well!
- If you’re looking for more general projects, Free Range Studios in Washington D.C. is looking for managers and interns in a variety of fields. Also in D.C., Global Policy Solutions is searching for directors, program and research associates, and interns.
- Is none of this striking a chord? Not to worry! You can find everything from publicist positions to web content strategist and program associate positions from coast to coast.
Social enterprises aren’t the only non-nonprofits that serve the community; we have plenty of government agencies looking to hire do-gooders as well.
- First off, there are over one hundred opportunities to work in education, whether you want to teach, train, work in administration, or conduct research. D.C. Public Schools, for instance, is looking for teachers, strategy and curriculum specialists, and data analysts!
- If you’d prefer to stay away from those academic doors, there are administrative, management, research, and social work positions open with the Canadian Consulate General in Boston, the Department of Citywide Administrative Services in New York, and the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services in Maryland.
- Moving away from general management and programing, you might be interested in work that focuses more on interactions. The D.C. Office of Human Rights is hiring a mediator to work with people facing discrimination in everything from employment to housing.
- Over in Virginia, Child Thrive! is hiring AmeriCorps members to work with families, schools, volunteers, and social services in order to ensure child and family wellbeing.
Yet another way to get involved in working with nonprofits is to work for an organization that advocates for them.
- Arabella Philanthropic Investment Advisors, for example, is a consulting firm that helps individuals, institutions, and corporations make philanthropic decisions. They’re currently hiring for four different positions in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, and Washington D.C. –check them out if you’re interested in consulting!
- Another consulting firm is Social Capital; they work directly with charities and are looking for a strategist for marketing and campaign projects.
- For those of you who have a passion for agriculture and a skill for either program management, policy analysis, or agricultural economics, Fintrac might be right up your alley. A Washington D.C. based, woman-owned international development company, Fintrac creates agricultural solutions to target hunger and poverty.
- If you aren’t crazy about agriculture, maybe you’ll find your niche in one the research positions either with the Center for Social Innovation in Massachusetts or with Public Profit in Oakland.
- Still sighing and hoping for that perfect fit? We have many more fundraising, project management, and communications positions available with the organizations on our site that are working hard for the nonprofit sector.
Keep on searching and keep your head up as you continue your journey toward that awesome job!