- Reading is FUNdamental in Pittsburgh is looking for a Children’s Literacy Outreach Coordinator. You’ll provide books and motivational reading programming to the city’s most underserved children. If you’ve got a can-do attitude, experience working with children, and an ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, be sure to take a look at this great opportunity.
- Worldreader in San Francisco provides lightweight, durable, low-cost e-readers to children in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. They’ve distributed books to over 228,000 readers, and they’re looking to grow even more. That’s where you come in. Know a few things about database management, fundraising, and communications? They need an Assistant Development Manager to help keep the whole thing ticking.
- The Heart of America Foundation in Washington, DC needs a Project Manager to oversee their literacy programming. You’ll manage volunteers, coordinate stakeholders, coach community partners, and generally keep everything running smoothly.
- Bilingual? Read to Grow in Branford, CT needs a Spanish-speaking, part-time Books for Kids Coordinator to set up partnerships with local organizations, participate in workshops, manage book drives and distribution centers, and generally get as many books to as many kids as possible.
- Behind the Book brings authors (and their books) to underserved classrooms in New York City. They’re looking for a Director of Development to join their senior management team.
- And, of course, schools across the country are always looking for teachers.
Dr. Seuss told us, “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” If you want to help kids to get to more places, look into all the ways to help them read more books at Idealist.org