Ready to find the job of your dreams? The resources below provide tips and advice on how to navigate the job-search process successfully.
- Don’t know what you want to do? Try the Career Tracks Exercise for clarity
- Searching for a job online and offline
- What do hiring managers look for anyway?
- Presenting yourself on paper: cover letters and resumes
- Presenting yourself in person: mastering the interview
- Closing the deal: salary and benefits negotiation
- Glossary: Common benefits
- Salary Surveys
Once you find a job you love, how can you increase your impact while advancing your career? These resources provide you with some helpful advice.
- The first 100 days at a new job
- Personal branding 101
- Career paths in the social-good sector
- Informational interviews
- Finding a mentor
- Continuing education, Part I: Graduate school
- Continuing education, Part II: Alternatives to graduate school
So you’ve decided you want a career that makes a difference—now what? These resources provide an overview of different sectors, lingo, myths, and opportunities to help you understand the social change landscape.
- Different organizations working for the greater good
- Private sector jobs that give back
- What’s a nonprofit, anyway? A primer for job seekers
- Want to be a social entrepreneur? Here are five questions to consider
- Are public service fellowships for you? Bonus: a list of fellowships to explore
- 10 myths about the nonprofit sector
- Nonprofit speak 101