Here’s a roundup of what’s buzzing in the social sector this week.
- Peter Sagal, the host of the NPR show Wait, Wait … Don’t Tell Me!, talks about how to use storytelling to connect with donors in this video for the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
- See how Utah nonprofits came together for a 24-hour online fundraising campaign in this news clip.
- Want to learn how to make better videos for your nonprofit? Watch this tutorial, featuring advice from video-sharing site Vimeo.
- The Independent Sector released its estimate of the value of volunteer time for 2012. Check out more information on their interactive site.
- The story behind, and lessons from, the popular online campaign started in 2012: #GivingTuesday.
- Beth Kanter gives advice on how to incorporate social media into your nonprofit event.
- What are the most effective strategies for success? The Harvard Business Review has a list of nine strategies.
- If you’re going through a tough time at work right now, check out these personal stories of overcoming career failure and trying to avoid burnout.
What news do you have to share?