As we get closer to the end of 2013, you may notice a few fundraising emails from nonprofit organizations arriving to your inbox. This is no accident, as December marks the traditional high-season for fundraising across the United States. If you’d like to be on the other side of those emails, check out the thousands of fundraising opportunities that are available on Idealist right now!
- If you have an interest in art and experience managing employees, apply for the Chief Development Officer position at the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. Or travel south to the Land of Steady Habits (that’s Connecticut) and see what Youth United for Survival has to offer in Hartford.
- People in D.C. looking for part-time work should send a resume over to the American Wind Wildlife Institute for their Grant Writer position. Keep on traveling down the coast to Chapel Hill if you want to work for the Audubon Society. The Development Associate position they just posted sounds like a lark.
- Too experienced to be an associate? There are dozens of high-level development positions available on Idealist. Work with Teach for America in Atlanta, raise over 300,000 dollars for a school in Cincinnati, work with immigrants in Nebraska, or help people overcome arthritis in Denver.
- You can help build public parks while honing your fundraising skills as a Development Associate with the Los Angeles Neighborhood Land Trust, or move to cooler climes to serve as a Development Manager with the Community Day School Association in Seattle.
Internships and Volunteer Opportunities
- Foodies should check out the Development Internship at Slow Food in Brooklyn. They work to counter the rising influence of fast food and support local food cultures across the world.
- If you’re looking for a development internship that will last for just one season, check out the Spring Fellowship in Pennsylvania with Organizing for Action, the internship just posted by the National Kidney Foundation in St. Louis, or this opportunity with Children at Risk in Dallas.
- Stay on the cutting edge of fundraising and become a Crowdfunding Project Coordinator at the Environmental Coalition of Miami and the Beaches. If perfect weather isn’t your thing, hop across the pond and work with Ashoka in London.
- Volunteers looking to work from home can apply for the Grant Writer and Researcher position posted by Voices for Biodiversity. If you’d prefer to interact with people face-to-face, this fundraising position in Portland, Oregon may be more your speed.
- Looking for volunteer opportunities outside the United States? The Education for Development Fund in Laos and Young Country Change Makers in Kenya have you covered.
Now that you’ve seen what Idealist has to offer, get out there and start applying! Good luck and happy holidays!