Idealist is a global resource, with listings and users in over 200 countries and resources in three languages. In recognition of our international nature, check out the following opportunities from all over the world.
The United Kingdom is home to over 100,000 registered charities, so if you’re thinking about working in Europe, it’s a good place to start.
- Idealists with business experience can head to London to check out this finance job posted by Alfanar, a venture philanthropy organization that works exclusively with organizations in the Arab world.
- Take a look at this Finance Internship from Minority Rights Group International.
- If you’d like to be based in London but travel to other parts of the world, try Merlin, an international healthcare and medical relief agency. They currently have 14 open positions.
Continental Europe has plenty of social impact opportunities as well.
- i+solutions in the Netherlands works on pharmaceutical supply chains to make the fight against worldwide diseases like malaria and HIV/AIDS more efficient. If you have medical experience, check out their new job.
- In Belgium, CADIP needs volunteers that can commit to 3 to 12 months of working with people with disabilities.
- If you’re interested in education and speak a little German, this organization in Germany is looking for about 100 long-term volunteers.
- Feel like heading to Italy? Biodiversity International is searching for a Director of Strategic Partnerships in Maccarese while the UN World Food Programme has several open positions in Rome.
There are over 2,000 jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities in Africa currently posted on Idealist. The second-largest continent offers plenty of chances to get involved with a good cause.
- In South Africa, mothers2mothers in Cape Town needs someone with development and managerial experience, while Child Care SA could use a volunteer architect to help design a large complex for youth and women seeking shelter.
- If you’re interested in microfinance, check out Zidisha in Cotonou, Benin. They’re looking for an intern who is fluent in French and ready to learn!
- Hope for HIV/AIDS international in Lagos offers a different type of internship for people interested in development or administrative work.
- In addition to what is offered by thousands of small community-based organizations, many large international agencies also have jobs available in Africa. Save the Children International has 40 job openings on Idealist, including in the Central African Republic, Kenya, and Sierra Leone. Or try WaterAid for even more jobs throughout the continent.
The most populous continent is a place of dramatically different cultures and geography, a fact that is reflected in the opportunities available in Asia on Idealist.
- You can apply to become a teacher in the Palestinian Territory, volunteer to work with kids in eastern India, or become a Research Intern in Thailand.
- If you’ve always wanted a great job title, try applying for the Protection Manager position with the Danish Refugee Council in Tajikistan.
- To the south, India is a hub of opportunities to do good. The Centre for European Studies at Manipal University has an internship available for a German speaker, while the International Union for Conservation of Nature in Delhi wants someone with HR and administration skills.
- If you have a green thumb, strap on your hiking boots and make your way to Nepal. The Sattya Media Arts Collective needs volunteer workshop teachers for their urban farming space.
- INCLUDED is a new organization that works with migrants in some of the largest cities in the world and is currently hiring in Beijing.
North America and South America
- In the Great White North, people in need of short-term work can apply for the Special Projects Assistant position with the Ontario Council for International Cooperation. Eco-activists will be interested in the position Greenpeace Canada recently posted in Edmonton.
- A Canadian winter isn’t for everyone, of course. Head to the Bahamas if you have teaching experience, or try helping a good cause in Jamaica with the Blue Mountain Project. In Oaxaca, Mexico, FRIDA, which funds and strengthens feminist activists across the globe, recently posted three internships.
- In South America you can choose from a number of unique volunteer opportunities in Peru, or work with a mobile school that travels to rural communities in neighboring Bolivia. Finally, if you feel Brazil calling you, look into the Purpose Fellowship offered by 4YOU2 in Sao Paulo.
With so many opportunities, it may be hard to choose just one. Remember, if you’re interested in volunteering abroad, we have an info center dedicated entirely to that topic. Good luck, and happy travels!