Ready to take your career to the next level? Here is a list of conferences, webinars, and other events happening in April.
Free Online Resources:
- Watch as Career Confidential critiques and improves real job seekers’ resumes in this free, live webinar, on April 2 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET. You can also submit your resume to be reviewed!
- If you want to know more about how to get free online advertising for your nonprofit through Google Grants, there is a free Introduction to Google Grants webinar on April 16 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET.
- You are (hopefully) already sending out emails as a nonprofit, but download this free online guide from marketing software company Hubspot to learn techniques to improve your email outreach.
- If you struggle with debt, download this free e-book from MoneyManagement.org called Managing Debt to Improve Your Mental Wealth.
- Nelnet, which provides financial resources for students and their families, is hosting two free webinars every Monday in April, at 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. ET, on topics including Personal Finance 101, Saving and Investing Basics, and Understanding the Implications of Credit Card Use. Check out the sessions here.
Conferences and Fellowships:
- The Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. Foundation Public Policy Fellowship Program is accepting applications for the 2013-2014 year through April 5.
- The Association of Fundraising Professionals is presenting the 50th AFP International Conference on Fundraising, April 7 to 9 in San Diego.
- The 2013 Nonprofit Technology Conference from NTEN is taking place April 11 to 13 in Minneapolis, MN. Registration is still open!
- Apply to learn more about the healthcare system and nonprofit sector through the Illinois Association of Free and Charitable Clinics (IAFCC)’s fellowship program. Applications are due April 30.
- Plan ahead for early May and look into the 99U conference on May 2 and 3 in New York, with a focus on turning ideas into action.
- Want to have Executive Presence in Job Interviews? Attend this free event and networking session from 40Plus of Greater Washington, in Washington, DC, about how to present your best self in job interviews on April 8, from 9:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Learn about Key Financial Indicators for Effective Leadership at an event in Salem, Oregon on April 18, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- On April 18, the Ramona Community Foundation is hosting an event on Organizational and Financial Management led by Leslie Levinson, the CFO of the San Diego Foundation, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.. It’s the second in a four-part series of nonprofit workshops held at the Ramona Library in San Diego.
- If you live in New York and are interested in a career with the United Nations, you are in luck! The Foreign Policy Association is giving an introduction to the UN, requirements for working there, and resume and job-seeking help related to the UN, on April 29 from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
What are you doing this month to grow professionally?