Ready to take your career to the next level? Here is a list of fellowships, webinars, and events happening in February.
Fellowship Opportunities. Consider applying for these fellowship opportunities, or checking out others that may interest you.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of public policy in California with the Capital Fellows Program(February 15 deadline).
- The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute is accepting applications for its Public Policy and Graduate Fellowships (February 15 deadline).
- Want to help provide resources to under-served communities in Baltimore? Consider applying for the Baltimore Community Fellowships, which awards $60,000 over 18 months (March 1 deadline).
Nonprofit Marketing and Online Outreach. This month, enhance your organization’s reach by listening to advice from these experts.
- If you’re trying to decide between WordPress and Drupal for your nonprofit’s website, listen in on this free webinar comparing the two on February 13, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET.
- The Fruition Coalition is hosting a paid webinar for nonprofit employees on Nonprofit Marketing Planning. It costs $45 and will be held on February 15 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. ET.
- Kivi Leroux Miller is hosting a free webinar featuring Beth Kanter—co-author of Measuring the Networked Nonprofit—on how to measure the results of your social media efforts on February 20 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET.
- Learn about Best Practices to Build a Multichannel Campaign Plan in a free webinar from Nonprofit Webinars on February 27 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET.
- NTEN is hosting a paid ($25 for members, $35 for non-members) webinar on How to Integrate Online Media with Offline Engagement, on February 27 at 1 p.m. ET.
Free Online Events and Resources. Take advantage of all the internet has to offer by listening in on a free webinar or downloading a free ebook, all related to social change.
- Wondering how to use social networking to advance your career when you’re over 50? Join LinkedIn and Encore.org for a special free webinar on How to Tap LinkedIn for Your Encore Career on February 27 at 11 a.m. ET.
- You don’t have to leave your job to find professional development opportunities. Check out this list by Bridgespan of 52 things you can do at work to push yourself professionally.
- Author Charlie Mitchell is offering readers a chance to download a free digital copy of the book “20 Ways to Develop Your Own Inspiring Social Enterprise.”
- If you want to learn more about fundraising techniques, consider attending this Fundraising Seminar in Tampa, FL with Benevon Coach Marcy McNeal on February 22 from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- The Foundation Center of New York is hosting an in-person class on Crowdfunding Fundamentals: Creating a Compelling Campaign. The class is on February 12 in New York City, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- If you’re looking for networking opportunities in Boston, check out Careers & Beers: Finding Your Balance – Succeeding in Your Work, Financial, and Personal Life. The event will be held from 7 to 9:30 p.m. at the Combined Jewish Philanthropies and you can register online.
- Head over to Seattle University’s Institute of Public Service, where on February 22 you can learn about Social Media: Changing the Landscape for Nonprofit Communications. The half-day event starts at 8 a.m. and costs $75.
What are you doing in February to grow professionally?