Ready to take your career to the next level? Here is a list of conferences, webinars, and other events happening in March.
Job Search and Leadership Development Resources. Take advantage of all the internet has to offer by checking out these free opportunities.
- If you want to develop your skills as a leader, be sure to check out Everyone Leads: 5 Ways to Step Up and Make a Greater Impact in Your Work, a free teleseminar hosted by Rosetta Thurman and Trista Harris on March 11, noon to 1 p.m. ET.
- Improve your resume with this free webinar from Career Confidential on March 12 from 1 to 2 p.m. ET.
- If you’re a little farther along in your career, but still need some advice, the AARP is hosting a free webinar with Advice for Experienced Job Seekers, on March 14 at 2 p.m. ET.
- Wondering how to develop your personal brand while advancing your organization’s mission? Tune into “Taking Leadership Online: Developing Your Personal Social Media Voice” hosted by Debra Askanase, founder of Community Organizing 2.0 on March 20, at 3 p.m. ET.
Go beyond Facebook and Twitter. Are you managing the social media strategy of your organization? Here are a few to help you expand your knowledge.
- Does your organization have a global reach? Consider attending a free webinar on March 7 at 2 p.m. ET on “Content without Borders: Translating Content for a Global Audience.”
- Download this free ebook on Nonprofit Video Storytelling to help expand your outreach.
- Check out the webinar “How Nonprofits Can Successfully Use Pinterest and Utilize Digital Photography for Nonprofit Storytelling” on March 5 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. ET. The fee is $50 per person, but there is a discount for groups.
- Communities are using their mobile phones and tablets more often, and nonprofit organizations must adapt to these changing touchpoints. For a small fee, you can listen in on a webinar from The Chronicle of Philanthropy on “The Mobile Nonprofit: Strategies for Smartphones and Tablets,” on March 14 at 2 p.m. ET.
- Join Kivi Leroux Miller, of Nonprofit Marketing Guide, and Kerri Karvetski, owner of Company K Media, as they discusses “Google + and Pinterest for Your Nonprofit.” The webinar is available for all Nonprofit Marketing Guide All-Access Pass Holders and is on March 14 from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. ET.
Conferences and Larger Events. If you’re looking for something a bit more in-depth, there are several conferences and longer events happening in the nonprofit world in the next six weeks.
- Social Media for Nonprofits Conference in New York City, March 7
- Cause Conference 2013 in San Diego, March 19 to 20
- Innovative Giving Conference in San Francisco, April 2
- 2013 Nonprofit Governance Conference, in Kansas City, MS, April 4 to 5
- Celebrate International Women’s Day on March 4 with the United Nations Association of Greater Boston. The organization is hosting a reception, film screening, and panel discussion about Not My Life, a documentary on human trafficking, starting at 5 p.m.
- Attend a workshop for nonprofit organizations on March 12, starting at 8 a.m., at the Rockdale Career Academy in Conyers, GA. Part of an ongoing series, this workshop will focus on resource development.
- Are you going to SXSW in Austin, TX this month? If so, Beth Kanter has organized a list of nonprofit-focused panels happening. Plan to attend or suggest other activities.
- In Bakersfield, CA on March 12, the United Way of Kern County’s 23rd Annual Professional Development Conference for Nonprofits will take place at the Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center. The event costs $55 and runs from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
What are you doing in March to grow professionally?