If you’re interested in working with animals, the social impact sector is a great place to start looking. On Idealist there are over 3,000 organizations that deal with animals, and many of those organizations are posting volunteer opportunities, internships, and jobs.
- Get acquainted with our aquatic friends at the New England Aquarium in Boston. Just make sure you have some experience in program management.
- Head to New York City and help end animal suffering as the Business Engagement Director with the World Society for the Protection of Animals, or focus on saving wild felines with Panthera as an Office Manager.
- Washington, D.C. has no shortage of jobs for animal lovers. If you have a degree in water policy or environmental law, check out this position with Defenders of Wildlife. Get an entry-level job as an Adoptions Assistant with the Washington Animal Rescue League, or put your finance degree to use at the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.
- Outside of D.C. you can work on ending the use of animals for food in Bethesda, or get up close and personal with animals as a Clinic Coordinator in Richmond.
- Job seekers looking for a Director position should check out the Doris Day Horse Rescue and Adoption Center in Murchison, Texas.
- Stop the destruction of habitat and wildlife in the world’s oceans with the Sea Shephard Conservation Society in Friday Harbor, Washington. It’s got some decent views.
- California has its fair share of animal-related jobs, like this one in Mission Hills. Vegans with management experience may want to take a look at this job in Davis.
- If whales are your thing, the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito has an accounting job and a fundraising position available.
- Finally, if you’re searching for a job outside of the United States, check out this opportunity with the African Elephant Specialist Group in Kenya.
Good luck and happy job hunting!