While the work nonprofits do might vary, what they all have in common is the need for dedicated, visionary executive directors to help the organization grow and succeed. If you are ready to become an executive director, or you’re currently an ED looking for a new challenge, check out the job opportunities below! And if you want more resources and guidance on leading a nonprofit, check out our articles.
Executive director positions in the arts
- Check out The Artist Trust in Seattle, WA which provides grants and other resources to artists throughout Washington State.
- Urban Bush Women in Brooklyn, NY needs a leader to help them leverage dance to share stories that tackle social justice.
- Get the San Francisco community involved in visual arts by working with ArtSpan.
- Ensure homeless and at-risk youth have access to art and creative spaces as the leader of ArtBridge Houston in Houston, TX.
Executive director positions in education
- After winning $5 million from Bloomberg Philanthropies, Providence Talks in Rhode Island needs a leader to help them ensure children are ready for and succeed in kindergarten.
- After-School All-Stars National is largest school-based after-school program provider in the country and they are launching a new chapter in Philadelphia, PA. Apply here to lead this new chapter.
- Charter Parents United in Chicago, IL needs an executive director to help parents tackle issues affecting charter schools.
- Have experience working with students in need of mental health services? The Recovery District of New Orleans needs an executive director of therapeutic settings.
Executive director positions in leadership and relationship development
- Identify and support emerging leaders throughout Africa by leading the African Leadership Foundation, based in New York City.
- Strengthen the relationship between China and the United States at the 1990 Institute in San Francisco, CA.
Executive director positions in economic and housing development
- Support the economic and social development of the Fairmount section of Philadelphia and work with the Fairmount CDC.
- Habitat for Humanity of Tuolumne County in California is looking for a leader to help them provide more housing to low-income residents.
- Committed to affordable housing? The New York Housing Conference needs a leader to bring together various stakeholders in New York to figure out how to build more affordable housing for New Yorkers.
Executive director positions focusing on the environment
- Help the healthcare sector adopt more environmentally friendly practices by leading Practice Greenhealth in Reston, Virginia.
- Conserve open space in Baltimore County by working with Valleys Planning Council.
Happy searching! And be sure to explore more executive director positions on Idealist.