As the nonprofit sector continues to expand, so does the intriguing, complex, and ever-evolving world of social enterprises. If the merged field of socially driven businesses appeals to you, check out some of the social enterprise jobs we currently have on our site!
Let’s start with the West Coast
- If you love fair trade chocolate and coffee, you probably already know about Equal Exchange, a worker-owned co-operative that supports small farmers and sustainable farming methods. Join their team as a sales representative in Seattle, WA (and West Bridgewater, MA) to help them get the word out about their delicious yet responsible goods!
- If those positions don’t work for you, consider the San Francisco based Graphic Designer position with Alter Eco–a company similar in mission and practice to Equal Exchange.
- Also in California is Nia Global Solutions–a division of the majority women-owned investment advisory firm called Domini Social Investments–which helps clients invest specifically in creative, high-impact companies working on solutions to the world’s most urgent problems. If you’re just starting out, their Administrative Assistant position could be a great place to begin!
Prefer the East Coast?
- If you who love communicating and multi-disciplinary engagement, Palladian Partners needs a Communications Associate and a Grants Manager to join them in Maryland. This social enterprise works with researchers, organizations, and government leaders within the fields of biomedicine, health, and justice to provide real-world benefits.
- In a similar vein but focusing on youth, the Rescue Social Change Group also needs a Communications & Outreach Associate (in Washington, DC) as well as Campaign Manager (in Oklahoma City, OK).
- Similarly, but in New York City, Uncharted Play needs an Executive Assistant to join their mission to use play to tackle global issues and inspire innovation.
Or go global!
- Transcarbon International has nine job openings in nine different countries! This social enterprise addresses climate change and environmental impact, working to build sustainability across the world. They are looking for experts on intellectual property, on risk assessment, and on climate change and low carbon technology.
- Another environmentally conscious business is Ecosia. As the first B Corp in Germany, Ecosia is now hiring a User Experience Lead to join their mission of cultivating a more environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable world through planting trees.
- Enèji Pwòp in Haiti hopes to eradicate energy poverty by increasing access to clean energy products. If their mission speaks to you, try applying for their Chief Executive Officer opening.
- In Tanzania, Global Cycle Solutions is working to create and distribute affordable, quality technology to villagers. They begin by visiting villagers in East Africa to first understand their needs, then they focus on creating and distributing solutions. If you are an experienced financial manager, consider applying for their open CFO/Partner to the CEO position!
As you can see from this small sampling, there is no shortage of innovative businesses working toward greater good. You can continue browsing by looking at the other 100+ social enterprise jobs on our site. if nothing jumps out at you, don’t forget about the hundreds of jobs in businesses that work as consultants and vendors to nonprofits, too!