We featured this list in a roundup a few week ago and it has been the most popular download so far! Here is a bit more about the guide to finding your passion and additional resources to help you find your dream job.
Scott Dismore at Live Your Legend has put together a list of 27 questions to help you figure out your passion. Here are a few questions that stood out to us:
- What are you ridiculously good at? What are your precious gifts?
- When was the last time you massively over delivered on something? What was it and why did you work so damn hard?
- When was the last time you were in a state of flow, in the zone and totally lost track of time? What were you doing?
- What topics do you find yourself continuously arguing or defending with others? What beliefs does your stance represent?
- Out of all your current work roles, what would you gladly do for free?
- What do your friends always tell you you’d be good at, that you should do for a living (i.e. “he’d make a great…)? If you don’t remember, then go ask five of them.
- What careers do you find yourself dreaming of? What jobs do others have that you wish were yours?
- What 3-5 dream jobs or businesses can you imagine that would firmly embody your core beliefs about the world. Sky’s the limit.
Read all of the questions by downloading the guide here.
Of course, finding your passion isn’t just a one-time activity. To keep exploring this topic, here are a few other conversations and resources:
- What if your day job is not your passion? Tips for exploring new opportunities and figuring out what you do want to do.
- How can you find a job if you don’t have passion? Insights from a debate on NPR.
- Beyond passion: How to gain experience that will make you irresistible to nonprofits.
- Is passion enough to change the world? Cal Newport, author of So Good They Can’t Ignore You, tells us the difference between a mission-driven career and a passion.
Have other questions or resources? Add them in the comments.