Knowing that you can make a difference around the world is exciting and overwhelming. Where should you begin? How do you even start your search?
The articles below represent over 50 tips and resources for finding a job abroad, covering everything from where to search to questions you should ask about managing your money in a new country. Read through them to jumpstart your international job search.
- Before you apply do some self-reflection. Here are 12 tips that will help you figure out what you want to do, where, and why.
- There are some similarities and differences between job hunting here vs. job hunting in another country. Be sure to follow these eight tips to avoid mistakes.
- Already applying for jobs at NGOs? A hiring manager from an NGO in Tanzania has six tips to keep in mind.
- Not sure where to look? Of course, you can always search Idealist.org, our French site Idealiste.org, and our Spanish site Idealistas.org. Here is a list of other sites and resources to help you start searching.
- Your best bet is to talk to successful job seekers who have landed a job abroad. Read how one person found a job in India and another built a career in international development.
- While job search tips are helpful, you also need consider life abroad and your transition. Here are three questions to ask about finances, six tips on how to prepare for your move, and dealing with culture shock.
- For many people, volunteering abroad is the first step to building a career abroad. Here are seven tips on how to find a volunteer opportunity in another country (and pay for it!).
- Plan on coming back to the United States? Consider these five tips on how to prepare for your return.