Social work puts you in direct contact with people who need help the most. The case managers, counselors, and advocates involved in helping people manage their everyday lives are an essential part of the support network for vulnerable people. If you’re passionate about helping others, becoming a social worker can give you the perfect structure to make an impact.
While many social work positions require a Master’s degree, some of the jobs listed below don’t. Idealist has many listings in the field of social work, so take your time and investigate to find what could be the perfect platform for you to turn your desire to help into action!
San Francisco Bay Area
- Adopt International in San Francisco is looking for a Master’s-level Adoption Social Worker to join their team.
- Swords to Plowshares is a community-based nonprofit in the San Francisco Bay Area that provides assistance to veterans. They are currently seeking an Assessment and Outreach Specialist with a degree in social work, sociology, psychology, or English.
New York City
- If you have a Master’s Degree in social work and at least three years of work experience, the Inwood Academy for Leadership Charter School is looking for a School Social Worker.
- Catholic Guardian Services of the Bronx is looking for a Social Worker with three to four years of experience.
- The GLBTQ Domestic Violence Project in Cambridge, MA is looking for a Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Advocate. A Master’s degree in social work is preferred but relevant job experience will be considered.
- There is an opening for a full-time Clinical Social Worker with a Master’s degree in social work at Hearth (formerly the Committee to End Elder Homelessness) in Boston
- The Penn Center for Community Health Workers in Philadelphia is looking for a Project Manager with experience in clinical social work.
- If you’re looking for a part-time position, check out this opening for a Social Worker at The Huntington Disease Society’s Philadelphia Chapter.
- The Huntington Disease Society’s Pacific Northwest Chapter is also looking for a part-time Social Worker with a Master’s degree in Social Work.
- In Leesburg, VA, Loudoun Citizens for Social Justice is looking for a Domestic Violence Counselor with a Master’s degree in social work.
- If you’re in Illinois, there is an opening for a part-time Youth and Family Counselor at Youth Organizations Umbrella, a youth development agency in Evanston. Lake County Haven, a social service agency in Libertyville, is looking for a Case Manager for a women’s shelter.
If you’re interested in learning more about social work as a career path, check out this Idealist podcast. It’s part of the Idealist Grad School series, and gets to the heart of what you need to know if you’re considering pursuing social work at the Master’s level.