Many people associate a career in law with working at a vast firm and dealing impersonally with powerful corporate clients. Although that can certainly be the case for some lawyers, there are plenty of opportunities to leverage your interest in the law and work in the social impact sector.
- If you are interested in becoming an attorney, there are plenty of positions available across the country. Work in St. Louis, Athens, Georgia, San Francisco, or Washington state. Just make sure you’ve passed the Bar.
- Law school graduates can also apply to this Research and Writing Specialist position in Denver, or work for the NAACP in New York City. If you’re looking for a nice title, Project HOME in Philadelphia needs a Vice President.
- Job seekers with administrative experience should take at look at this job in Oakland at the Environmental Law Foundation, or this one in Philadelphia at Community Legal Services.
- If you have HR experience, you can get an inside look at how the legal field operates in Washington, D.C. Passionate about education? Take a look at this opportunity to help at-risk and underserved populations in New York City.
- If you want to study law away from the United States, the One Acre Fund in Kenya has a great Legal Analyst position open.
- Looking for a legal internship this summer? Check out Free Speech for People in Boston, an organization that works to challenge the misuse of corporate power.
- As home to many prestigious law schools, New York City rarely suffers from a dearth of legal internships. There’s this one with the Bar and this position with the Exoneration Initiative, to name a few.
- D.C. is no slouch when it comes to law, either. Research civil rights issues at the Louis D. Brandeis Center or get into environmental law with this internship.
- If you can’t make it to D.C. this summer but still want to learn about environmental law, don’t worry. Friends of Animals in Denver have a neat summer internship opportunity, as does the Environmental Law and Policy Center in Chicago.
So whether you’ve just starting thinking about a career in law or already have your Esq., Idealist has you covered. Click here to explore more opportunities in the legal field.