Considering the rate at which technology advances these days, it’s no wonder that everything from dating and shopping to volunteering and job interviews happen online, too. As we continue to find new and “better” ways to complete our day-to-day tasks, expect that the job application and interview processes, as well as the job that you’ll ultimately perform, will all include at least some level of digital savvy.
Enter, the video interview.
While it may send shivers down the spine of older generations, you may be surprised to hear that more and more colleges and job opportunities are welcoming—and in some cases, requiring—video applications and interviews.
So, what’s your take?
- Have you ever participated in a video interview?
- Have you ever submitted an online application?
- If so, how did it go?
- Did you get any constructive feedback to share with our community?
- Do you have a total horror story that can act as a cautionary tale?
- Have you ever been a hiring manager or interviewer on the other side of the (virtual) interview table?
Share you video interview and application stories, comments, and questions here, or tweet us at @idealistcareers.