Calling all quotes lovers! Just about every expert in the career development space dedicates at least one day during the year to share uplifting, fun, and relatable quotes. Needless to say, the team at Idealist Careers is no different. We hope you find delight in our collection of ten quotes to warm your Thanksgiving holiday.
Let us know which are your favorites in the comments below, or share one we may have missed!
1. Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse. – Henry Van Dyke
2. What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. –Albert Pine
3. You may have heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. There’s another day you might want to know about: Giving Tuesday. The idea is pretty straightforward. On the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, shoppers take a break from their gift-buying and donate what they can to charity. – Bill Gates
4. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. – Melody Beattie
5. It is literally true, as the thankless say, that they have nothing to be thankful for. He who sits by the fire, thankless for the fire, is just as if he had no fire. Nothing is possessed save in appreciation, of which thankfulness is the indispensable ingredient. But a thankful heart hath a continual feast. – W.J. Cameron
6. Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. – W.T. Purkiser
7. There is no sincerer love than the love of food. – George Bernard Shaw
8. We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. – Cynthia Ozick
9. Got no checkbooks, got no banks. Still I’d like to express my thanks. I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night. – Irving Berlin
10. Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. – William Arthur Ward