Looking for strategies or ideas on self-improvement? Want to share some strategies that have worked for you with the Idealist Careers community?
Join us Tuesday, September 8th for a Twitter chat on self improvement in celebration of Self Improvement Month. What do you want to improve about yourself? Share what you’re committing to and gain support from fellow Twitter chat participants.
The chat, held at 2pm EST, will focus on the following five areas:
- Self-awareness (What do I really want? What makes me happy? What parts of myself do/should I share with the world? How do I want to show up?)
- Self-care (Do I get enough sleep? Am I paying enough attention to my health? Do I need to find an emotional outlet?)
- Learning (What do I want to learn? What was the subject of the last book I read? What topics are interesting to me? How do they relate to my interests?)
- Professional Development (What new skills should I learn? Have I paid attention to my network lately? When was the last time I went to a workshop or seminar?)
- Healthy changes (Do I need to exercise more? Change my diet? Make an appointment for a check-up?)
To participate, tweet which area(s) you’ll be working on to #IdealistCareers. During the chat, we will be giving resources and recommendations for what you can do to improve in that category. If you’ve already been working on that area of self-improvement, be sure to Tweet your progress so we can celebrate your success!
Using the hashtag #IdealistCareers, you can follow and participate in our conversation. We hope you will join us. If you’ve never participated in a Twitter chat before, FindSpark offers a great primer on what they are and how to make the most of them.
Have an idea for a future Twitter chat? Post in the comments below!
See you Tuesday!