Feel like your job search could use some refreshing?
We have webinars and live chats for you to check out and a ton of resources to help you in various aspects of your job search and career (including information for sector switchers and people looking for jobs in a new country).
If you’re looking for additional support in your job search this month, below are a few resources to help you get started.
- The average job search takes six months—what if you could give your search a boost and find a new opportunity in just a few days? Careerealism is offering a free webinar on how personal branding can turbo-charge your job search on Wednesday, April 2 at 1 p.m. EST. [Free, Webinar, Register here]
- Using LinkedIn in your job search? Check out 4Good’s free upcoming webinar on how nonprofit professionals can create a great profile on Tuesday, April 8 at 12 p.m. EST. [Free, Webinar, Register here]
- Over 50 and looking for a new job? The AARP is hosting a webinar on how experienced workers can find their next opportunity on Thursday, April 17 at 2 p.m. EST. [Free, Webinar, Register here]
- Writing a compelling cover letter and resume can be challenging. If you need help and are in Boston, join Socializing for Justice for a workshop on how to better present yourself on paper to potential employers. Event takes place on Monday, April 7 at 6 p.m. [$10 in advance or $20 at the door, Register here]
- Doctors Without Borders is hiring! They are looking for medical and non-medical professionals to help them provide emergency medical relief to countries around the world. There are hosting free info sessions in Chicago on April 16 and Minneapolis on April 7 for potential applicants.
- New to Seattle, Washington? The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Seattle invites you to learn about job opportunities in the city and network with fellow nonprofit enthusiasts. Event takes place on Tuesday April 15 at 5 p.m. [Free, Register here]
A few months ago, Google launched Helpouts where you can request one-on-one support from experts. Here are a few highly-ranked Google Helpouts for job seekers.
- Need guidance on what to do when you want to change careers? Chat with Laura an HR expert based in Silicon Valley. [$35 for 30 minutes]
- If your interview skills need some work, CNN-featured interview coach Lewis Lin will do mock interviews with you and give you feedback. [$25 for 30 minutes]
- Refresh your resume, networking, and social media job search strategy with a consultation from recruiting expert Laurie DesAutels. [Free]
Articles and documents
- If you’re building your network from scratch, it’s hard to know where to start. In this interview on 99u, entrepreneur Matt Galigan offers advice on how to network, whether you’re just starting your career or living in a small town. [Free, Article, View here]
- Writing a cover letter doesn’t have to be terrible. This resource from The Daily Muse makes it easier. [Free, PDF, View here]
- How can you better prepare for an interview? Life After College author Jenny Blake provides a worksheet that will you help you succeed in an interview. [Free, Google Doc, View here]